It can be scary to sell your home, especially when there are so many factors to consider. No one wants their home on the market for months and months. Questions start to run through your head. Will anyone like my home? Can I sell it for what I think it’s worth? How can I make it look better than it is? What if all my buyers aren’t approved? I want to move in 6 months, when should I put it on the market? What if I’m a sitting duck? How do I find a realtor that I like? How do I even know what my home is worth?… and so on and so forth.
I have a secret to tell you…
There are 5 actions you can take that will guarantee a quicker sale of your home. If you follow these steps, selling your home will be a slice of homemade cake!
- Declutter and Stage Your Home. You must declutter and stage your home because it is your potential buyer’s first impression and you need to make a good one. No one wants to walk into a messy house with stuff everywhere. When a potential buyer walks into your home, you want them to imagine themselves there. You want them to start envisioning their daily life there. In order to do this, you must declutter and stage your home. If you don’t want to get rid of or sell your things, you can get a storage unit while your home is on the market. You are also going to need to remove all personal items, including photos. Think Home and Garden, when you are prepping each room. Ask yourself if this room looks magazine ready. Don’t forget the outside of your home too. It is just as important to have a fresh cut lawn and hidden trash can as it is to remove your mail from your kitchen counter. You can also ask for extra help from a staging professional.
- Professional Photos are a MUST. Sticking with this first impression theme, most buyers are introduced to your home through photos on the internet. They are going to make the decision to come see your home in person based on the photos that they see. You absolutely must have them professionally taken. You can hire someone yourself or let your realtor take care of that detail.
- Find the Right Realtor. A Real Estate Agent is going to help you sell your home much faster than you could do on your own. They have access to a number of resources to make it easy for buyers to find your home. Of course, you must like your realtor and trust them. Not all realtors are the same. It is perfectly acceptable to meet with a handful of realtors before picking one to sell your home. If you are thinking about selling your home in the Chattanooga Area, you must visit http://gracefrankgroup.com/valuation-form/, meet with Grace Frank and receive a free dinner for two. She is your trusted source for Chattanooga’s real estate.
- Make Simple Upgrades. There is a misconception that in order to sell your home fast, you must make upgrades to everything! This is not true. You do not need to spend a fortune to make your home look a little newer. Some easy upgrades include: new wall paint, lighting, cabinet hardware, appliances, shower curtain and towels. Maybe get a few candles to leave your home smelling fresh. A few little changes will make a whole world of difference when trying to sell your home fast. secrets to selling your home
- Price your Home Correctly. You can make your house look pretty and have the the best photos on the internet, but if you don’t price it right, it will never sell. It can be hard to figure out how much your home is worth. You don’t want to price it too high or too low. There are many factors involved when pricing your home, including: year built, neighborhood, size, location, condition, upgrades, etc. Your realtor will be a able to help you price your home correctly. You can also go to chattanoogahomevalues.house to see what your home is worth today.
Now you know the 5 secrets to sell your home faster. It can still be a challenge if you don’t have the marketing power and resources to back you. This is why finding the perfect realtor is key. Their knowledge and expertise are invaluable when it comes to getting your home sold as fast as possible. Once you have found the right Real Estate Agent, the other steps will flow together nicely! Good Luck!
For more information and tips to sell your home, check out GraceFrankGroup.com.